Junior Systems Engineer
Job applications open.
We are seeking a talented and motivated Junior Systems Engineer to join our team at SPEC Innovations. As a Junior Systems Engineer, you will contribute to the design, development, and implementation of complex systems. Your role will involve requirements analysis, functional analysis, and utilizing systems engineering principles to address project requirements. This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate or early career professional to gain valuable experience in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
Location: Manassas, Virginia
Job Type: Full-Time, On-Site
- Assist in requirements analysis and functional analysis activities to define system needs
- Contribute to the development and implementation of systems engineering methodologies
- Support the design, integration, and testing of systems to ensure project objectives are met
- Apply systems engineering principles to address requirements and organize complex systems
- Collaborate with team members to develop system architectures
- Gain proficiency in using systems engineering tools, such as LML, SysML, and Innoslate®
- Develop strong analytical and technical skills to support system development activities
- Script using Java to automate tasks and enhance efficiency
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with team members and stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering or a relevant technical/engineering discipline
- 0 to 3 years of experience in systems engineering or a related field
- Familiarity with the systems engineering lifecycle
- Knowledgeable in requirements analysis and functional analysis methodologies
- Understanding of systems integration and design principles
- Experience or familiarity with LML and SysML
- Knowledge of Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) concepts
- Exposure to developing system architectures
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Familiarity with Innoslate® and other systems engineering tools is a plus
- Experience with scripting using Java is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Prior military experience
- Experience working with DoD customers
- INCOSE Certification
Note: Due to the nature of work performed within our facility, US Citizenship is required.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity in our workforce.
If you are a motivated and dedicated individual with a passion for systems engineering, we invite you to apply. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and any relevant certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reviewing your application.